“Food is important.
What we eat and how it is grown
intimately affects our health and
the well-being of the world.”
American Flatbread Founder
Our Core Values are Food Integrity and Sustainability
Food is fundamental. It is our most direct and intimate link with the world. The act of eating invites that which is foreign–and from the outside–in. The elements of food become the elements of ourselves. It is food that gives us both form and strength.
We know that food remembers how it was grown as well as how it is prepared. Each action in making American Flatbread is performed with an awareness of interconnection and intention. At American Flatbread, we work to create food that fills our hunger and tastes good–to our mouths and to the depths of our being.
To make truly good food, food that not only fills our hunger and tastes good to our mouths but also nourishes, nurtures, and heals, we must start with good ingredients. American Flatbread is made with organic flour, organic tomatoes, and many organic & locally-farmed meats, veggies, and cheeses. American Flatbread restaurants source ingredients from their unique, local network of farmers and producers.
American Flatbread Mission Statement
It is the mission of American Flatbread to provide good, flavorful, nutritious food that gives both joy and health, and to share this food with others in ways sustainable to all.
We set out to do this by:
- Creating a pleasant, fulfilling and secure workplace
- Producing, Packaging, marketing and distributing our products in an environmentally conscious way
- Trusting one another and practicing respectful relationships with those involved in this work
- Supporting with our voices and our buying power local, regional and sustainable agriculture, the forces of peace and understanding, the cultural, economic and environmental needs of peoples worldwide and the ecological needs of the wild flora and fauna
- Being an educational resource to our community
- Being a good neighbor
- Laughing and being of goodwill. Being grateful, respectful and forgiving and Encouraging these experiences in others
- Creating long-term financial security
Interested in finding more food philosophy?